How to Give Out E-Commerce Coupons With Capture Bars
Giving out coupon codes to potential customers from within your website is an outstanding way to drive immediate sales and incentivise email signups.
If you want to offer coupon codes in a nondescript manner and give your visitors a constant reminder of your offering without distracting from the rest of your website then you should consider using our Capture Bars.
With Gleam's Capture Bars you can add customisable floating bars to your website which can drive email signups, give out coupon codes and direct users right to your store.
If you decide to use a Capture Bar to distribute your coupon codes there are three main approaches you can take:
- Display Your Coupon Code in a Thank You Message
- Create a Two Step Capture
- Display Your Coupon Code to Everyone
Display Your Coupon Code in a Thank You Message
One of the most effective ways you can use a Capture Bar to distribute coupon codes is by creating a Capture which collects email signups and using a thank you message to give out your coupon code.
Setting up this type of Capture Bar is an easy task. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- In the Layout tab select Email under Capturing.
- Customise your Capture in the Design tab.
- In the Post Capture tab select Display thank you message and make sure you include your coupon code in the message.
Create a Two Step Capture
You can also use a Capture Bar to give out coupon codes to website visitors by creating a two step Capture where users can accept the offer before receiving the coupon code and entering their email address.
You can easily set up your own Two Step Capture by following these steps:
- In the Layout tab select Light under Select Variation.
- Then select Email under Capturing.
- Make sure Two Step Capture is turned on.
- In the Design tab customise both the First Step and Second Step of your Capture.
- Make sure you include your coupon code in either the heading or main text of the second step.
When using a Two Step Capture to distribute coupon codes it can be a good idea to set up a Post Capture Redirect which sends users to your store where they can immediately use their discount. You can do this by using the Message + redirect option in the Post Capture tab to redirect users who enter their email address and click the Subscribe button to a page of your choosing.
If you run a Shopify store and are using Shopify discount codes then you can use your discount code's shareable link to redirect users to your store with your discount code automatically applied to their cart.
Want to Use Shopify Discount Codes?
Find out everything you need to know about creating and giving out Shopify discount codes and shareable links with our helpful guide.Learn More
Display Your Coupon Code to Everyone
If your sole objective is to give out your coupon code to as many customers as possible then you can create a Capture Bar which will distribute your coupon code to website visitors without any barriers to entry.
You can simply do this by creating a Capture Bar which puts your coupon code on full display and allows users to click a button which will apply the code to their cart, ready for them to make a purchase.
You can setup your own barrier free Capture Bar by following these steps:
- In the Layout tab select Clicks under Capturing.
- In the Design tab customise both your Capture and make sure you include your coupon code in either the heading or main text of your Capture.
- In the Post Capture tab select Redirect and enter a link which applies your coupon codes to user's carts as the Redirect URL.
If you are using Shopify to set up your discount codes then you can easily generate a shareable link which will redirect users to your store and automatically apply your discount code to their cart.
To get the shareable link to your discount, just go to your discount's page, click Promote and then select Get a shareable link.
If you have used another platform to create your coupon or discount codes you will still be able to easily generate a shareable link which applies your coupon code to your customers' carts.