ExactTarget is part of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. It gives you powerful control over how you send emails to your customers. Gleam integrates fully with ExactTarget to help you get better at collecting emails from customers.
You can enable the ExactTarget integration on the Premium plan. Simply navigate to Settings > Integrations then turn on ExactTarget.
Before you can activate your integration you will need to:
- Create an ExactTarget App Center account here.
- Create an App with read & write permissions for "Contacts - List And Subscribers"
- Package name can be whatever you want to call it
- The Default List Name is just the name of your default list (i.e. Gleam)
Custom Field Sync Support
We support the syncing of Custom Fields for ExactTarget through our Custom Field Sync feature, you can set this up via the Custom Field Mapping button when setting up the integration.
Sending Emails to ExactTarget
Once you've activated your ExactTarget integration within Gleam you will need to include a Subscribe action in your campaign.
This subscribe action can contain the name of the List you want to send subscribers to, please be aware that this list must exist within ExactTarget already.
Testing Your Exact Target Integration
In order to test if emails successfully send to Sendy you need to do the following:
- Have a competition created with a Subscribe action
- Ensure that this action is linked to an existing list in ExactTarget
- Enter the action manually from your competition dashboard
- The action will become invalidated (since we automatically invalidate admin actions)
- Go to the Actions tab for that competition, then make your action valid
- It should appear in ExactTarget within a few minutes