- What Are Sites?
- Referral Program
- Competition Setup
- Competition Installation
- Competition Tips & Tricks
- Drawing Winners
- Rewards Overview
- Rewards Setup
- Coupon Setup
- Refer a Friend Rewards
- Page or Blog Post
- Facebook Tab Installation
- URL (i.e. /competition)
- Tab Overlay
- Shopify Installation
- Benchmark Email
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
- Google Analytics
- Mad Mimi
- App Download
- Media Submit
- Secret Code
- Viral Share
Keep up to Date With Gleam Features
Tab Install Improvements
Just a few updates to the Tab installation method for Competitions and Rewards:
- Turning off this install method will actually turn it off now
- You can now hide the Tab via the position dropdown menu (rather than using CSS to do it)
Gallery Leaderboard Improvement
The Leaderboard on Gallery will now continue to show even if you disable voting.
New Feature Checking For Plans
We'll now let you know which features you will lose when downgrading your plan. This has a few consequences:
- If you're on a paid plan then downgrade to Free but still have an active campaign with paid features it will end when your plan ends.
- The same will happen if you're on Business but change to Pro when you still have an active campaign that has Business features. You are given the opportunity to remove these features.
Improved YouTube Channel Parsing
We've made some improvements to pull the URL's of channels owned by any YouTube entrants. Up until now we were returning their Google+ profile, but that made it hard to contact winners.
So now you'll be able to see the channel of any entrants, which should make it easier to see any entries (if it's a video upload) or contact them when they win.
Support for Messenger in Viral Shares
You can now enable Messenger in your Viral Share action to allow users to share your campaign to their Messenger contacts.
This action works differently depending on device:
- On Desktop: It will open up Facebook desktop to send the message
- On Mobile: It will open up the Messenger app directly to send the message
We've just released a new Integration with Spotify for Pro & Business Users, this includes two actions:
Some Free Plan Changes
We've made some changes to the Free plan to make winner draws more fair and transparent for entrants:
- Free plans can no longer hide the Total Entries on campaigns
- Free plans can no longer invalidate non-winner entries
- Free plans can no longer archive entries
Tracking API Improvements
We've made some considerable improvements to our Tracking API on Custom actions:
- We've reduced the number of steps to completion (making it easier for users)
- The API now auto-completes if a user is logged into the campaign and completes the action. Before they had to physically come back to the widget and click "continue"
- We've improved tracking in Safari/iOS where 3rd party cookies are disabled by default
- If the action is set to daily, the user will need to complete the Tracking again (previously they could piggyback off the old tracking and complete the action every day without re-doing it)
Wistia Watch Video Action
We've added a new Action that allows you to incentivize users to watch any of your videos hosted on Wistia.
Facebook View Post Action
We've added a new Action in the Facebook category that allows you to draw attention to a specific Facebook post.
Secret Code Action
We've added a new Action for Business users that allow you to award entries to users when they enter a secret code. This can be a unique code or a CSV of codes.
Business allows you to use up to 50k secret codes per campaign, if you have more than that just contact us for a quote.
- Password protect a campaign
- Run a treasure hunt
- Validate OrderID's
- Validate numbers from Printable Coupons or Flyers
- Incentivise users to in-store to get a code for more entries
We've added a new action for Pro + Business users that allows you to either:
- Promote another one of your campaigns
- Promote a partners campaign
The action will check that the user has entered the Promoted campaign before awarding any entries.
New Customer Slack Channel
We've launched a new Slack Channel called Gleam Users for customers. You'll see a notification in your account to get an invite 😎
In the channel you'll be able to:
- Chat with Gleam Staff
- Share tips & tricks on how to improve your campaigns
- Get updated on new product changes or features first
- Collaborate with other Gleam customers on campaigns
We've added a new email provider for you to play with :)