- What Are Sites?
- Referral Program
- Competition Setup
- Competition Installation
- Competition Tips & Tricks
- Drawing Winners
- Rewards Overview
- Rewards Setup
- Coupon Setup
- Refer a Friend Rewards
- Page or Blog Post
- Facebook Tab Installation
- URL (i.e. /competition)
- Tab Overlay
- Shopify Installation
- Benchmark Email
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
- Google Analytics
- Mad Mimi
- App Download
- Media Submit
- Secret Code
- Viral Share
Keep up to Date With Gleam Features
23rd June, 2017
Custom Field Sync
Today we're rolling out the first iteration of our Custom Field sync for Subscribe actions. This will allow you to sync any Custom Fields from the User Details form to supported email providers.
Initial rollout supports Mailchimp & ConverKit with more on the way.
We're also planning to allow you to sync hidden fields like Viral Share URL, Country & Referrer soon.
6th June, 2017
Improvements to Winner Drawing
Today we've rolled out some new improvements to the process for drawing winners.
You can now choose:
- How many winners you want to draw at a time
- The timerange from those winners (Pro and above)
- Whether you want unique winners or want to allow the same user to win more than once
29th May, 2017
Delay + Question Options For Visit Actions
Quite often when you use a Visit action you might want to ensure a user spends a certain amount of time on the visited page, or even ask them a question about the content to verify that they actually visited.
All visit actions now support:
- The ability to add a delay which ensures the user spends x seconds on the visited page
- The ability to ask a Freeform question, or ask users to select an answer from a dropdown
This can also be useful for Facebook or Instagram Visit actions where you might ask a user if they Follow you or not.
24th May, 2017
Reporting + Graphing Date Ranges
For this release we've added some new capabilities to our reporting:
- You can now drill down into specific date ranges inside reporting on Competitions, Rewards and Captures
- The other parts of reporting will also reflect those dates (i.e. Viral Shares and Top Users)
- Look at campaign performance on your dashboard for specific date ranges
- Graphs now have hover elements that show you a snapshot for that time period
You can now set a billing contact against a specific credit card in your Account tab. This will override the invoice details allowing you to have more specific fields like Name/Address/VAT/Tax details.
Secret Code Multiple Uses
The Secret Code action now has an option to allow multiple users to use the same code.
8th May, 2017
Prize Area Improvements + Multiple Images
We've added some enhancements to the Prize are for users on Pro + Business plans:
- Business: You can now add multiple Prize images to a carousel, test it out below!
- Pro: We've consildated videos in the Prize Area with a new Feature Video only option. You can add YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia.
26th April, 2017
Tab Install Improvements
Just a few updates to the Tab installation method for Competitions and Rewards:
- Turning off this install method will actually turn it off now
- You can now hide the Tab via the position dropdown menu (rather than using CSS to do it)
21st April, 2017
Gallery Leaderboard Improvement
The Leaderboard on Gallery will now continue to show even if you disable voting.
20th April, 2017
New Feature Checking For Plans
We'll now let you know which features you will lose when downgrading your plan. This has a few consequences:
- If you're on a paid plan then downgrade to Free but still have an active campaign with paid features it will end when your plan ends.
- The same will happen if you're on Business but change to Pro when you still have an active campaign that has Business features. You are given the opportunity to remove these features.
28th March, 2017
Improved YouTube Channel Parsing
We've made some improvements to pull the URL's of channels owned by any YouTube entrants. Up until now we were returning their Google+ profile, but that made it hard to contact winners.
So now you'll be able to see the channel of any entrants, which should make it easier to see any entries (if it's a video upload) or contact them when they win.
26th March, 2017
Support for Messenger in Viral Shares
You can now enable Messenger in your Viral Share action to allow users to share your campaign to their Messenger contacts.
This action works differently depending on device:
- On Desktop: It will open up Facebook desktop to send the message
- On Mobile: It will open up the Messenger app directly to send the message
21st March, 2017
We've just released a new Integration with Spotify for Pro & Business Users, this includes two actions:
14th March, 2017
Some Free Plan Changes
We've made some changes to the Free plan to make winner draws more fair and transparent for entrants:
- Free plans can no longer hide the Total Entries on campaigns
- Free plans can no longer invalidate non-winner entries
- Free plans can no longer archive entries
8th March, 2017
Tracking API Improvements
We've made some considerable improvements to our Tracking API on Custom actions:
- We've reduced the number of steps to completion (making it easier for users)
- The API now auto-completes if a user is logged into the campaign and completes the action. Before they had to physically come back to the widget and click "continue"
- We've improved tracking in Safari/iOS where 3rd party cookies are disabled by default
- If the action is set to daily, the user will need to complete the Tracking again (previously they could piggyback off the old tracking and complete the action every day without re-doing it)
20th February, 2017
Wistia Watch Video Action
We've added a new Action that allows you to incentivize users to watch any of your videos hosted on Wistia.
Facebook View Post Action
We've added a new Action in the Facebook category that allows you to draw attention to a specific Facebook post.
15th February, 2017
Secret Code Action
We've added a new Action for Business users that allow you to award entries to users when they enter a secret code. This can be a unique code or a CSV of codes.
Business allows you to use up to 50k secret codes per campaign, if you have more than that just contact us for a quote.
- Password protect a campaign
- Run a treasure hunt
- Validate OrderID's
- Validate numbers from Printable Coupons or Flyers
- Incentivise users to in-store to get a code for more entries
9th February, 2017
We've added a new action for Pro + Business users that allows you to either:
- Promote another one of your campaigns
- Promote a partners campaign
The action will check that the user has entered the Promoted campaign before awarding any entries.
8th February, 2017
New Customer Slack Channel
We've launched a new Slack Channel called Gleam Users for customers. You'll see a notification in your account to get an invite 😎
In the channel you'll be able to:
- Chat with Gleam Staff
- Share tips & tricks on how to improve your campaigns
- Get updated on new product changes or features first
- Collaborate with other Gleam customers on campaigns
19th January, 2017
We've added a new email provider for you to play with :)